Chromaggus debuffs

Damageinc

Chromaggus debuffs

Post by Damageinc »

I feel like Chromaggus is way too easy for alliance compared to the horde. Because alliance have paladin, they basically can have 8 more dps than horde. Although it is still doable for horde but it is way too difficult for non-vip and depending a lot on luck (if you only get one breath it is quite doable). Are you able to make the fight a little bit easier? for example disable the bronze affliction or maybe just limit the boss' breath to just one. Thank you for reading.
agarr

Re: Chromaggus debuffs

Post by agarr »

Chromaggus is running out of abilities to use if we keep removing, maybe disable autoattack too :lol:
Why dont you just add some mage dps, then you have dps that can remove some debuffs too.
Damageinc

Post by Damageinc »

agarr wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:44 am Chromaggus is running out of abilities to use if we keep removing, maybe disable autoattack too :lol:
Why dont you just add some mage dps, then you have dps that can remove some debuffs too.
Mages can only remove curse and the curse aren't even that strong compared to other debuffs. Mages can not be the replacement for druids or priests.
Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

agarr wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:44 am Chromaggus is running out of abilities to use if we keep removing, maybe disable autoattack too :lol:
I smell an alliance player.

I've killed Chromag 4 times now but only just this past reset and I've had 1 instance of just 1 breath which was super easy and 1 instance of Ignite Flesh + Incinerate while the other two were just Incinerate + Frost Breath and I can say as Horde the Ignite Flesh fight was WAY harder. I suggest the damage of Ignite Flesh needs reduced to half at least for the sake of Horde players. I cannot imagine anyone NOT ViP being able to do this with Ignite Flesh - it was pure luck that I was able to do it.
Even if you're able to recall most of your dps to avoid the Ignite Flesh (which is unlikely as many will have the Bronze Debuff) your tanks will always have it and it wrecks them. Both tanks were dead going into enrage and I think I got a lucky weakness so my rogues were able to finish him. Otherwise I think the fight is fine other than I wish the boss wouldn't aggro until it reaches the spot it sits at after an initial attempt bug that might/probably is how it was in actual vanilla.
BARBAROX

Post by BARBAROX »

Video of chromaggus kill without paladins : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YWFJlX3r0
Damageinc

Post by Damageinc »

BARBAROX wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:17 pm Video of chromaggus kill without paladins : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_YWFJlX3r0
Thank you for the video Altair and to be honest I would have not killed Chromaggus without your initial BWL boss video. But the reason why I made this post is to suggest way to make horde players' life a little bit easier. I had to try multiple times myself before killing it on horde char but I only needed 1 attempt for alliance. This post is purely for suggestion purpose and I had no intention for this to turn into an alliance/horde war lol

Peace and Love :D
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

We received lots of repots/tickets about "Ignite Flesh" making it very hard to kill Chromaggus with bots compared to other bosses in BWL so we've decided to disable the spell. The boss is easier to handle now.