Informations / tips about twinking and pvp overall

anubis88

Informations / tips about twinking and pvp overall

Post by anubis88 »

Hello everyone. 11 months here, and i'm still playing on solocraft.  :D

This post is for people who would like to make a/some twink(s) on solocraft and are looking for informations.
I have made 15 twinks on solocraft, on every bracket (19/29/39/49/59) and for both factions, so I know pretty well how each of them perform. Of course, I played hundreds of each bg with both factions.

General informations about twinks and pvp :

-make your twink(s) on a separate account than your main, because twinks do not really benefit from the VIP features (.bank can be useful tho) and because you want your main character to be able to boost / enchant / arcanum / worldbuff your twink. If you are very casual and wants a twink to be your main character, try to pick a bracket and class that let you gear up easily from dungeon runs, crafts and quest rewards. You can also check AH and see if your bis can be buy cheap from AH but I would not really hope for it, most BOE are expensive.

-if your twink has been made on a separate accourt than your main character and your main account have VIP, remember than you can appy 2 worldbuffs on your twinks by summoning bots on a raid group into stockades or ragefire chasm.

-when you queue for a bg, if no bg has been started on your bracket, it will create a bg filled by bots of your exact level and not from your bracket range. Exemple : if you queue at lvl 25, you are on the 20-29 bracket but every bot will be level 25. If your bg is not fully filled and a lvl 28 player queue for the same bg, him and lvl 28 bots from both factions will fill the remaining slots of the bg. It means that you can create a warsong with a lvl 10 character and join it with your 19 twink if you really want to butcher low level bots. It also means that you can twink at any level (lvl 10 horde rogue might be very strong for exemple, because you can get good gear from many high level quests by locking you experience).

-bots from bg are well geared overall, meaning if you have a bad gear or play a weak class, you might not be able to compete with them even with a good skill and you will get your *ss kicked ^^ so consider it when picking a class : how good is it on the bracket I am targeting ?

-bg are way easier and faster to win if you are playing with another player.

-do not forget that you can bring a bot with you into bg. Having your self healbot is mandatory for some classes like warrior or enhancement shaman.

-arathi basin is harder to win than warsong, because you have to cover more distance, and of course, bots do not achieve objectives In an optimized way like humans would (some humans at least), alterac valley is very hard to win below level 56-57 because you only play with bots of your exact level and an AV only filled with lvl 51-55 have very high chances to get turtled by one or the other faction.

-alliance looks to perform slightly better on arathi than horde (winning teamfights more often), so you might consider it when rolling horde or alliance.

-best strategy to win AB is to cap all bases but the mine and let the opposite faction cap it. Once they have it, you only need to defend stables/farm ramps from mine, wherever your are needed. Enemy Bots will hit farm, stables or even blacksmith graveyards before being able to cap the bases and then will face your bots repoping to stop them.

-best strategy to win warsong is to fast cap, using fap/laps/speed potions and any other stuff that help you running away and dodge combat.

-best strat to win AV is to fast cap enemy base and obectives and kite out marshalls from the worldboss room.

-playing healer in AB/WSG can be frustrating and will perform poorly compared to a dps, because you will need to resolve the fights quickly and being a dps will help you way more to do this than being a healer (if you chose a healer, make sure it is hybrid enough to deal damage).

-remember you will face bots and some bad classes against players can be good instead in solocraft.

About the brackets :

(Just saying, the higher the bracket is, the better it is in my opinion so you might not agree with me about it since many people love 10-19)

-10-19 is the most popular bracket, but you only have access to warsong gulch. Only a few classes are strong on this bracket. 19 is the worst bracket in my opinion (limited gameplay, only one bg, most classes suxx) but it is also the easiest one to reach. If you like finishing 2 hours every sunday to try to get your bis head, then go for 19. If you go for 19 then pick hunter or rogue.

-20-29 is way more interesting because you have access to Arathi basin and a lot more class are strong on 29. Hunter still perform greatly and feral druid is very effective too (being able to run through bg with +30% movement speed in catform). Gear is pretty easy to get for all classes since you get it from quests. Rogue is still good, and mages and warlocks start being effective at this level.

-30-39 have even more good classes than 20-29 and warriors end up getting intercept. Enh shaman, ret paladin, warlock, mage, hunter, rogue, druid you can play many different class on 30-39. More talent points and better gameplay than lower brackets in my opinion.
Bracket with a lot of expensive BOE.

-40-49 when you get mounts, recaping in AB will be less painful ^^ every classes can be played and will perform well at some point, casters start to stack spell power. Bad point is you might need many Sunken temple runs if you want to get your ultimate bis because the bosses rewards have random stats and low droprate.
Very funny and equilibrated bracket.

-50-59 the best bracket imo (probably thanks to the experience locking feature) you can gear you up like a prebis 60 and enjoy lvl 55-60 5 men dungeons, get the dungeon sets 2 and their great looking, some ZG/Mc Gear, rank up to 14 if you are mad enough :) have 40/41 talent points, almost all classes and spec are playable, what are you waiting for ?

Thank you for reading ;)
Solo
Site Admin

Re: Informations / tips about twinking and pvp overall

Post by Solo »

Thanks for the info and details, this will be very helpful for starters and people that want to twink =)