Stronger bots on BG

Arzok

Stronger bots on BG

Post by Arzok »

Hello there!

Been playing quite a bunch of BG lately, and after a while it feels like playing the exact same game over and over again, except AV in some specific cases.

I noticed that bots with a high PvP rank tend to be better geared, sometimes using things like Atiesh, Sulfuras, MoM...
But the rest of their gear is terrible save 4/5 epics, so their impact is not that relevant.

My suggestion is to improve the gear on these ones, turning them into "elite/PvP bots", and spawning more of them on every bg, lets say 1 per group.
No healers tho, as that would create stalling issues (as VIP, if you que warsong with a Healer, camping their graveyard becomes trivial).

Examples of this:
- Warrior with MoM/Dark edge/BRE/Sulfuras/r14 weapon, full epic r13 gear, Slayer Crest/Jom Gabbar/Drake talisman/PvP trinket
- Mage with Atiesh/Soulseeker/Staff of Shadow Flame/r14 weapon, full epic r13 gear, Neltharion tear/Essence of sapph/PvP trinket/mind quickening gem

Theres an issue with Paladins for alliance, as ret wouldnt be as impactful as an eleshaman, so id just make sure if a shaman is chosen, it will be an enhancement one, and they both will be on full PvP BiS to compensate.

Overall dont think it would be too impactful, but will definetly add some spice to BGs while creating some diff scenarios on every BG.
Will also add some kind of threat, which already exists with current random bots, except by the time you get some decent gear.

Thanks for reading!
anubis88

Re: Stronger bots on BG

Post by anubis88 »

I support this suggestion.
Also I would like to see more accurate geared bots like some having a pre raid and raid 20 pvp gear, some having a BWL/MC mix, some having a aq/naxx mix and some having r13 or 14 pvp gear instead of having bots with 1 t3 / 1 t2 / 1dungeon 1 or dungeon 2 piece of gear who do not feel authentic at all :)
Some warrior bots have +healing plates wich would nt happen on a regular classic server.
Having less healers per BG would also make them less frustrating when you play a class with a bad dps burst.
Thx
Solo
Site Admin

Re: Stronger bots on BG

Post by Solo »

Thanks for your suggestion but we already tried T3 bots and pre-bis bots last year. Mixed random gear is the best option and will remain so.