AltBots

Caxxo

AltBots

Post by Caxxo »

I assume Solo has played plenty of single player repacks before creating this server
My question is: do you ever plan to implement something similar to SPP?
A server where you can use your alts as bots, with preset specs of your choosing, your alts accepting and completing the same quests as you and automatically choosing the best reward for their spec and then automatically gearing up, automatically rolling for their gear unless you tell them not to or decide to use ML to decide who gets what etc etc
You'd even be allowed to change the playable character if you're tired of tanking or just want to try a different role
Basically transforming WoW into a multiplayer party crpg
I imagine it's a big undertaking but personally I would be very interested in such a thing
omerdon

Re: AltBots

Post by omerdon »

This sounds super ambitious but very cool.
Caxxo

Post by Caxxo »

omerdon wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:33 pm This sounds super ambitious but very cool.
Assuming Solo's using some kind of Cmangos core which is very likely, there's already the code for it
Even for Trinity there're SPP repacks with these functionalities:
Your partybots will bypass quest restrictions for example and will autocomplete a quest that you complete even if you're the only one who actually collected 8/8 Bear Asses, they roll on items that they need etc etc
The only thing is that Ike3's playerbots suck at combat, the PartyBots are a LOT better
It shouldn't be TOO hard, I wonder if it's taxing for the server though
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

We currently have no plans to implement this.