Increase AQ Gong Timer

Axcel589

Increase AQ Gong Timer

Post by Axcel589 »

Hello all,

I have just recently picked up playing on this server and I am rapidly enjoying it but I have realized that with the addition of bots to carry someone towards ringing the gong, less people will obtain the mount unless something is done to balance this.

My question:
- Are there any efficiencies being added that will allow for more people to obtain the mount?

My suggestion:
- If there is nothing in place, a timer increase for the gong or perhaps a custom quest NPC placed at the Gong from the moment is it hit so players can get the mount (the flaw with the second option is that I am unsure how it can be coded to require the septer).

If the gong is hit and only one or two people get it, and no efficiencies are added to make it more readily available to more people, I am hoping it wont be put in the Store for an exorbitant price.

Thank you.
Botwowcraft

Re: Increase AQ Gong Timer

Post by Botwowcraft »

Thats a good question ngl.... Only 1 person (Myself) has decided to go (Attempt) the scepter. I don't believe any GM's even Solo was expecting anyone to attempt it. I had mats sort of and sort of not prepared for it. Wasn't my initial goal but I am almost done with it actually. (About 80% done) I finished blue not too long ago....
BWL is going to be the interesting one since the raid is currently being "nerfed" down to some degree. making it almost possible for Nefarian. (The quest 5-hour timer) does work.
Moonglade is a hard one since no world raid groups with bots. It is however 100% possible. (It is scripted correctly)

Feel free to PM Blazer about it etc.

As for hitting the gong itself... AQ is open. I don't think that the 10-hour part for others to hit it after the 1st will happen.
Besides... Even IF a scepter is achieved likely there will have to be GM help regarding the reward. (If gong isn't clickable that's my guess)
agarr

Re: Increase AQ Gong Timer

Post by agarr »

I ticketed ingame asking if scarab lord / mount are obtainable since the server opened the gates already. Was told that it is not because "Bang a Gong" is unavailable. I got this answer a couple days ago.