Bots AI, gameplay and general enhancement

BARBAROX

Bots AI, gameplay and general enhancement

Post by BARBAROX »

Hello,

It is Altair here,

I have made a list of thing that are missing to make the experience perfect. I am aware that is A LOT of work, and I try to help the maximum I can in my way. But it can be archieved, step after step, over time and thanks to people supporting this server and its developpement :)

Partybot Healers
  • Changing the number of allowed partybots healers to heal a tank AND the players from unlimited to 3. Non-tank targets can still only receive 1 heals from 1 partybot healer at a time. Hopefully this will allow for a better spread of heals instead of all healers trying to heal the most damaged tank at the same time.
  • Partybots healers should do a better job deciding when to interrupt their heal if the target has already been healed while they were casting, and only allowing for a maximum of 50% of their spell’s heal amount to be overhealed. IE. If a target is missing 450 HP and their heal is 1000 points then they will cancel it, because they would be wasting 550 healing points.
  • Partybots healers should cancel their heal if the target is at full HP.
  • Priest healers should use Power Word: Shield on targets that are below 50% health or they are casting a spell and are being attacked, to prevent them from being interrupted.
  • Partybots healers and casters should use mana potions when they can when they have spent the amount of mana they can recover using that potion.
  • Partybots Healers should use offensive spells such as holy nova, consecration, hurricane when AOE command is used. This is to avoid mana to be wasted.
Partybots tanks
  • Tanks could spread threat around on attackers even when they’re the only ones on the threat lists.
Class specific
  • Partybot paladin could better play with each other regarding blessings. Paladins could watch each others on what they are buffing and should choose using only missing blessings.
  • Partybot paladin salvation blessing should be added to the blessing buff list. Paladins shouldnot buff the target with salvation blessing if the target is a tank. In addition, tanks having this blessing should auto remove it when detected.
  • Partybot holy paladins should prioritize using flash of light against holy light for more mana sustainability.
  • OnWhisper: you could set the Shaman’s totems by whispering them: set totem [spell name/ID/link]. With that beein made, I think it good for them to use Windfury Totem by default and you can change this to suit your particular needs.
  • Partybot rogues should be able to open locked chests and doors with lockpicking skill. Eg. shadowforge doors in BRD, scarlet bastion door in Strat living... But shoulnt be able to open doors requiring the death of a boss.
  • Partybot rogues should open lockboxes when traded.
  • Partybot Druids should buff thorns on tanks only.
  • Partybot Mages should no longer use Blink if they are set to stay.
  • Partybots Mages should have decursing priority over AOE.
  • Partybot Warlocks should use Soulstone on tanks, prioritizing players, when in a raid group.
  • Partybot Warlocks should always spawn succubus for Demonic Sacrifice
General
  • Non tank/healers partybot should use heal potions below 20% health when in combat. They should use First Aid Bandages below 20% when in combat and don’t have any attackers. will only use healing potions and bandages when they are not receiving direct heals.
  • Threat limiter implementation. All dps classes will stop dpsing if their threat reaches 90% for melee or 110% for ranged of the tank with the highest threat on that boss. This is for bosses only. In practice, tanks do a banged up job of generating threat against bosses, assuming that you give them some time on the pull. This is just a fail safe to ensure that the dpsers don’t accidentally pull aggro like stupid.
  • Partybots should no longer be forced to stay and eat/drink. If you move they will follow regardless of their hp/mana. If you tell them to stay then they will drink/eat. So you have overall control over them this way.
  • Partybots should avoid buffing the same groups at the same time. They must share out
    different targets before the buffs. This is important to save some time between bosses pulls.
  • Paused partybots that are out of the group should be removed.
  • Partybots should no longer teleport to you if you tell them to stay, when far away. Same behaviour as paused command
  • Partybot should make use of Powerful Anti-Venom if they are poisoned in raids.
  • Partybots should prioritize reviving players then healer partybots then the rest.
  • Add missing world buffs for VIP bots such as : Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer,Warchief's Blessing, Sayge’s Fortunes, Spirit of Zandalar, Lordaeron's Blessing Effect. Food buff like : Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops, Smoked Desert Dumplings, Rumsey Rum Black Label. Elemental Sharpening Stone
  • 16 Debuff Slots removal. Let the warlock and fury war use their dots and rends in raids without pushing out other debuffs.
  • Partybots will cast their CC spells on already CCed targets before the previous effect expires, to keep them CC chained
Battlegrounds
  • Battlegrounds should end prematurely if no real players are inside, after 5 minutes.
  • Reworking the auto add bots to Battlegrounds feature. The bots could be spawned 1 by 1 from the moment you enter a queue. If a player joins the queue, then a bot will be removed to make room for the player. The same goes if an ongoing Battleground exists, bots will be kicked out to make room for players. Bots will also fill up to capacity ongoing Battlegrounds.
  • It should be possible to queue up with a group of partybots for Alterac Valley. That can make a huge difference with turtleing games.
  • Stop the honor decay. This should make it less grindy to reach your desired ranks and not have to worry about losing your progress.
  • Add more bots to the pvp pool or force a bracket 14 slot regardless of how many players are in the pool. Some players are stuck ranking r10+. Thanks to @opek suggesion
    Opek wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:54 am

PCP addon 1.4 or 2.0
Some players requested more specifications for some commands. I was thinking they were not really necessary at first, but with hard content such as in AQ40 or Naxx, I have changed my mind and agreed with that.
  • New command .partybot cometome tanks/meleedps/rangedps/healers [blank=all]
  • New command .partybot stay/pause tanks/meleedps/rangedps/healers [blank=all]
  • New command .partybot stay/move tanks/meleedps/rangedps/healers [blank=all]
  • New command .partybot comeStay tanks/meleedps/rangedps/healers [blank=all] Bot will come to the player position and will stay. That allow the player to move on and be free doing other bot manipulations.
Ex of interface :
The buttons - and + will switch for the category of bots we want to select while executing the bellow commands.

This list will be updated with more points by the time and players feedback. The fixed points from this list will have their color updated according to the state of the feature eg. "to implement" = white, "work in progress' = blue, "implemented" = green.
Last edited by BARBAROX on Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
agarr

Re: Bots AI, gameplay and general enhancement

Post by agarr »

God dam this list is perfect, pretty much all of these are much needed changes!
Opek

Post by Opek »

I agree with all of this except the pvp ranking. Players are stuck at rank10 because theres not enough players in the pool to open up bracket 11,12,13,14.
every 334 characters 1 more bracket 14 spot opens
every 125 one bracket 13 spot opens
every 50 characters one bracket 12 spot opens
12 may be possible with the current population. However the easiest fix would be to add bots to the pvp pool or force a bracket14 slot regardless of how many players are in the pool.
BARBAROX

Post by BARBAROX »

Opek wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:54 am Thanks, the list has been updated
  • with your pvp suggesion
  • Partybot decurse priority over AOE
  • Partybot Healers should never AOE (offensively)
Botwowcraft

Post by Botwowcraft »

Big + overall here.
Axcel589

Post by Axcel589 »

If there is a way to make more comps viable (hunters/warlocks seem to be the worst bots to use) that would be sweet. I understand there will always be metas in strategies but just a suggestion. :D I would hate for the work to go into the bots for people to just continue to use warr/mage, so throw caution towards the wind!
Kharzakk

Post by Kharzakk »

First of all I have to say I like this server so much. Thank you for your time and make this server what it is. I agree with all points from Altair.
My suggestion for BG If a real player joins the battleground, Bots should be automatically replaced. I have seen there is another way you can command your Bots. In addition to controll your Bots there are "Whisper commands". Maybe we can implement some of them on this server:

-list spells
Reports on all spells your Bot has learned

- cast [spell name, link, or ID]
Orders your Bot to immediately cast a spell on your current target

-dispel [buff name, link, or ID]
Removes the specified buff affecting your Bot

-set formation distance [yards]
Sets the distance in yards your Bot will follow you at

-set follow (on/off) [name]
Orders your Bot to follow the listed player or Bot

-set formation default
Returns all formation options to their default settings

-set blessing [blessing name, link, or ID]/(cancel)
Orders a paladin Bot to only cast a certain blessing

-set drink [value]
Set the % of mana that your Bot will stop to drink

-set heal [value]
Set the % of health that your healer Bots will attempt to heal up to
Tendyz

Post by Tendyz »

Hello ! All those changes look great ! Have the staff responded about this topic about what will be implemented soon? If not can we have updates please 🙂
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

Thanks for your suggestions but as you know we have our own concept, the way how the server works and runs is pretty good, which should be respected. Suggesting something doesn't mean it will get implemented. Everyone wants a server the way they like. However, there are some good suggestions for sure which we will accept and implement over time.