Sapphiron Solo?

Moyu

Sapphiron Solo?

Post by Moyu »

I've read the post from Solo that this boss is soloable? So I gave it 100 attempts (currently).

Regardless of setup your raid wipes at 45-50% due to AOE aura. No way around it. And that's IF you get perfect ice bolts only hitting one or few targets.

The people I've heard telling me they soloed it said they didn't get any damage from Aura or the boss didn't do anything at all.

Not even the math adds up calculating raid dmg vs Sapph total life and aoe aura damage. Only the AOE amage is 3000/10 seconds to entire raid, Bolt does 2600 damage to one or several targets, moving around to Ice block means no healing means even faster wipe etc.

I'm going crazy not knowing if it's doable or not but every single attempt I throw at the boss it just seems less and less likely that it's actually soloable without glitching it somehow.
Solo
Site Admin

Re: Sapphiron Solo?

Post by Solo »

That "glitch" you are talking about was fixed a while ago. Our core does log every boss fight including the combat timer. There were only 2 kills during that issue.

I'm not sure about your setup but the boss was perfectly soloable for me with 3 tanks, 8 healers and rogues after several attempts. Try to stay at healing range and don't let your healers die from blizzard.
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

Edit: Frost Aura has been disabled for now, since many players were not able to solo it. We'll monitor how it goes and enable it again later if necessary
Moyu

Post by Moyu »

I appreciate the dialogue here, Solo.

However 3 tanks, 8 healers and rogues sounds absurd to me; there's just too much damage on the raid and with Sapphs health pool being enormous I really don't understand how it would work out.

I'd REALLY appreciate a video of a Sapph solo with that setup + AOE aura intact. The blizzard was never a problem but the AOE and Icebolt was. Healers just couldn't keep up with the enormous dmg, steady, damage out put. Even on my best attempts at 75% my raid was all around 50% health and that was with perfect, 1 hit icebolts.

Thank you again for the fast response.
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

I have already provided enough tips. It is perfectly killable at the moment, which has been confirmed by multiple players. So a video is not needed but I might create more vids for Naxx soon.