Gold in store

Adorth

Re: Gold in store

Post by Adorth »

Nostromo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:58 pm I think it would stain the server by allowing it. Noobs can farm or beg for gold easy enough.
This would actually be the biggest thing convincing me against the idea. Max-level players are generally very loose with their wallets already and very willing to help newer players, in part precisely because gold is so easy to earn in raiding, and in part because for almost all of us this community has been a surprisingly friendly and helpful one (considering the whole idea is playing solo).
Making gold purchasable in the shop has the potential to remove that - no more new players asking if people have spare bags, or wondering if someone can spare a couple gold to help buy skills or reach the 40 required for mount, etc.

Although phrasing it as "begging" makes it sound bad and degrading, I unironically think putting newbs in a position to ask for favours provides a huge benefit to forming this sense of community. I know I got bits of help while levelling my first character (thanks for the bags, Colosio :D ), and precisely because of that I was far more willing to help others when I was in the position to. It's my impression that this is the experience for most players, and that feedback loop of generosity is a big part of why the community is overall so great.