Gold in store

Thegamer

Gold in store

Post by Thegamer »

Hello, I would like to suggest to add gold to the store so we can donate and support the server, now since the auction house is more filled it would be useful for most of us since not everyone can play many hours most of us are mature gamers. I don't think this is game breaking since it is a solo server

i dont know what price would be good . maybe like 1000 gold for 10 donation points (you get 500g already from buying character level boost for training spells whic is also 10 donation points)

danke
anubis88

Re: Gold in store

Post by anubis88 »

Hello, if you want to make gold from DP, there is an easy way to do it since I already saw people use it few months ago.

The solobag from the store (36 slots) isnt BOP (or he wasnt because I bought mine from AH, maybe ask for Midas or Solo to confirm).

I wouldnt sell it for less than 10 000 g since some people are very very rich after months of raid farming. I bought mine for 3 or 4k but the server was less populated.

Hope it ll help you.
Solo
Site Admin

Post by Solo »

anubis88 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:36 pm Hello, if you want to make gold from DP, there is an easy way to do it since I already saw people use it few months ago.

The solobag from the store (36 slots) isnt BOP (or he wasnt because I bought mine from AH, maybe ask for Midas or Solo to confirm).

I wouldnt sell it for less than 10 000 g since some people are very very rich after months of raid farming. I bought mine for 3 or 4k but the server was less populated.

Hope it ll help you.
This has been changed, it should be BoP instead. Was never reported before.

And about the suggestion, I would like to hear more opinions before I can accept it.

EDIT: I've added it for 10 DP for now. (24 Sept)
Adorth

Post by Adorth »

I'm fine with the concept, since gold is really easy to collect at max level by doing raids. Plus there's no exactly a vibrant player economy going on (which I'm fine with) so I don't feel like it would imbalance anything for players unwilling to pay for the gold.
So the only purpose would be for new players with loose wallets to be able to buy great gear off the AH while levelling, as far as I can tell.

No idea what ratio to put it at though, that's probably the trickiest part.
Zeroswarm

Post by Zeroswarm »

Honestly, 1000g isnt a lot to ask for for 10DP. I would even go as far as 2000g for 10DP. The 500g you get from the character boost is really only enough to get your class training and slow mount and training. Then you have to do your raid farming to get your epic riding and mount. If you want to do Naxx and dont have professions, youre going to be paying close to 1000g just for the attunement items to enter the raid (i know this because its what im currently trying to do). The biggest benefit would be for people who are just leveling amd would like to have gold to buy gear, level professions and get training while leveling instead of having to wait to get currentl level training later on when they have the extra gold.

You could also increase the gold rates to higher than what they currently are. I honestly dont know what the current rates are.
Rekojet

Post by Rekojet »

Pros:

- Gold has not the same value here as on a more blizzlike server. Running each raid once a week gives between 3000 to 4000 gold, considering that you take and sell every single drop. Some players do that every week with at least 10 characters.

- It would definitely give a better start to new players who would be able to buy some crafting materials and gear from the AH, or simply to buy all of their spells.

- It is used to grind up professions quickly. Or to acquire rare materials.

- It could provide a lot of money to invest in the server's infrastructure and future features, but this is a double-edged sword, as most players will then expect new content on a somewhat regular basis.

- The most important, in my opinion, is that it offers precious time to spend IRL with friends and family.

Cons:

- I think that selling gold on the shop is like to open the gates of hell: there is no coming back from it.

- What would be next? Full T3 gear? Every weapon or armour piece on the shop? Why not sell reputation boosts? Or even better, a .kill command that works in a specific raid for a week.

Blizzard is the best example of what greed has done to a once great company.

Conclusion:
I'm not against this feature. It definitely has its utility and place on the server. But with it, a red line has to be drawn.

Some things should never be avaible on the store.

Concerning prices, 10 DP for 5 000 gold would be a fair trade, considering the basic high gold income from the server.

Best regards,

Rage
Bear

Post by Bear »

dont be so dramatic bro xD you already get gold from char boost, AH is filled with items sold by ahbot, so adding 10dp for 1000g would be great for newcomers as example and if you raid you get enough gold at lvl 60 so I support this. But it should remain expensive like this
Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

Bear wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm dont be so dramatic bro xD you already get gold from char boost, AH is filled with items sold by ahbot, so adding 10dp for 1000g would be great for newcomers as example and if you raid you get enough gold at lvl 60 so I support this. But it should remain expensive like this
I don't like your attitude. I agree with the poster above you on most of his points. I think players should have to earn their gold, since it's easier than ever to do so by just undercutting the bots.
The concept of buying gold just sounds/feels dirty, like modern games microtransactions.
I think it would stain the server by allowing it. Noobs can farm or beg for gold easy enough.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Nostromo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:58 pm
Bear wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:29 pm dont be so dramatic bro xD you already get gold from char boost, AH is filled with items sold by ahbot, so adding 10dp for 1000g would be great for newcomers as example and if you raid you get enough gold at lvl 60 so I support this. But it should remain expensive like this
I don't like your attitude. I agree with the poster above you on most of his points. I think players should have to earn their gold, since it's easier than ever to do so by just undercutting the bots.
The concept of buying gold just sounds/feels dirty, like modern games microtransactions.
I think it would stain the server by allowing it. Noobs can farm or beg for gold easy enough.
i think you didn't understand MY point, earning gold is very simple at lvl 60, he also said it, you can get tons of gold each week clearing raids. the good thing about adding gold for dp is for new players, people can actually buy items from the AH while lvling etc and for mounts. and since this is a solo server you cannot compare it to x1 servers since they can't get thousands of gold each week just by raiding you know. you can ding 60 and go straight to naxx and earn gold
Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

you can ding 60 and go straight to naxx and earn gold
Most people don't though and struggle with even MC without watching guides.
It's whatever, the time when finding good deals in the AH is over now.