Enchanting for Twinks/Alts

NicerDicer

Enchanting for Twinks/Alts

Post by NicerDicer »

Since you can't enchant your alt with your main and the fact that enchanting scrolls only exist since wotlk, i would like to suggest a main to twink enchanting system.

And even if you are a so bold to skill enchanting on all chars, there are recipes that will take you a lot of time or gold to get.
So i thought it would be cool, if you could make use of all your enchants and rare recipes from your main, for your alts.

-----------------------------

So how could something like that work.
First idea:
- create an npc that you can give your item
- in a dialogue you can choose with what recipe you want to enchant this item
- get back your item for a gold fee and/or materials for that enchant

- that is kinda hard to implement, since you need to code that npc via c++ and insert all enchants, all mats and fees for all recipes in a questlike model

Second idea:
- when you get to 300 you are granted an gm command that you can now use on all chars for this account
- i think there are commands like .learn #spell [all], .learn craft, .learn all_recipes [$profession]
- this can be modified for enchanting

third idea:
- kinda like the second idea
- if you get to 300 enchanting on one of your chars you are mailed a token (account bound)
- with this token you can access an npc that will cast the above gm command on the char to learn enchanting and all recipes
- downside is, that this is more afford and probably involves c++ coding again

fourth idea:
- create scroll like items, that from now on are craftable by an enchanter
- this scrolls are accountbound
- when used you can enchant an item with it

- it is kinda the wotlk scroll system implemented into vanilla
- seems to be the hardest way to implement, since you need to change up enchanting and create a bunch of new items

-----------------------------

I dont know if this would go to far for a "kinda blizzlike" server.

It seems that this ideas are more work than value.
But i wanted to give it a try, cause i am sad that i can't use my enchanting on my alts.

Edit:
That could also be part of the vip system (like the gm commands) to aquire more people to donate or something like that.